Friday 5 October 2012

A Song Of Paranoia

How do I escape this dark, edgy dread
of eyes you have at the back of your head?
And, I know for sure that the walls have ears ...
How can I fly from these terrible fears?

I don't want to be by corners confined,
by listening brickwork, I need to find
my way out of this mind-mastering maze
and flee from under your judgemental gaze.

When I make my escape, you will give chase.
With your eyes positioned behind your face,
because it's the only way you can see,
you'll have to run backwards pursuing me.

You will give chase, but walls cannot move,
and your clumsy pursuit will only prove,
that running rear-forwards is such a farce
when you stumble, trip and land on your arse.

                                                                  (c)Frank Rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment